Tuesday 21 January 2014

Emotions aren't a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength and passion.

21 January 2013
Never be ashamed of what you feel. 
You have the right to feel any emotion that you want and to do what makes you happy.

We aren't robots. What makes us exception as human beings is that we have the capacity to feel do many emotions all at once. 

I have to admit that I am the most emotional and insecure person. I hated myself whenever I had an emotional roller coaster going on, within me. I neglected my emotions and pretended to be happy because I wanted to escape from this entire reality which gets into me, and honestly, it's overwhelming.

I would bottle up my feelings and let it overwhelm me. And almost all the time, I'll cry myself to sleep every night because I could literally hear the demons speaking to me and my heart removed from my chest and stitched back without anesthetic. It gets so awful sometimes and it's so hard to talk it out to my friends because I was ashamed to express whatever I was feeling. Because I was so ashamed of my own feelings, I brought shame to myself and scarred my own body. Honestly, cutting never solved all the emotions stirring within me, instead, it slowly eats me up and it just gets worse.

I've laughed from crying and cried from laughing. And it's perfectly normal to do what makes you happy.

Emotions aren't a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength and passion. Embrace your emotions and be proud of what you feel.

Stay Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment